I haven’t really been one for making lists of goals recently, I’m more likely to just write to do lists but Insecure Housewife‘s monthly goal blog posts have inspired me to make my own goals for this month. I’ve written them down in my journal and I’m going to share them on here too, so here they are – 5 goals for the month of May.
* Finish reading a book – so far I’ve read a grand total of 2 books this year (and I’m pretty sure I started reading one of those last year). I recently finished reading Arrowood by Mick Finlay which I really enjoyed and I’m currently reading Missing, Presumed by Susie Steiner. I’m also reading a non-fiction book right now which is Introducing Sociology A Graphic Guide by John Nagle & Piero.
* Continue writing The Vanishing Island, this is the short story to the main story I’m writing (I say short story – I don’t know how many words it’s actually going to be yet) but it’s in the genre of fantasy (you might have guessed that from the title) and the main character is called Autumn Bryant.
* Get back into writing poetry, it’s been so long since I last wrote any.
Check out the poetry tag here on my blog if you want to see some of my poetry I’ve previously shared on here.
* Create a cottage/house/garden watercolour painting, I’ve really got into watercolour painting recently, the other week I painted this sunset using a brush pen for the tree, fence and birds.
* Bake something, just because baking is fun. We actually got some eggs delivered with our order today yay!
Now I’m looking at these I’m noticing nearly all of these have a creative element.
Do you have any goals for May?